Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

I do not contribute very often, and I am sick and tired of the same old foods and having stuff in my freezer that I never know what to do with. So, when I find a recipe, then I want to put it on here so that I can go back to it often. I really wish cooking was one of "my" things.

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock

1 tablespoon soy sauce or low-sodium soy sauce

Vegetable cooking spray

1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips

5 cups cut-up fresh vegetables (broccoli florets, green or red pepper strips, sliced mushrooms, carrots, celery and green onions)

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced

1 cup regular long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions (about 3 cups)

  • Stir the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
  • Spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir-fry until well browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
  • Add the vegetables, ginger and garlic powder to the skillet. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  • Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken mixture over the rice.

No comments: